What to do if former spouse is uncooperative in a parenting plan

On behalf of Stange Law Firm, PC posted in Child Custody on Thursday, August 18, 2016.

Missouri children whose parents divorce often face major lifestyle adjustments. This upheaval can be very stressful on all involved. Most parents want what is best for their children; however, if a former spouse refuses to cooperate in developing an amicable parenting plan, a situation can become complicated.

A concerned parent may wonder where to turn for help in such circumstances. It is advisable to seek experienced guidance, rather than attempt to address such issues on one’s own. Especially when the other parent is not agreeable, contentious debates and courtroom battles may ensue that delay one’s ability to obtain a positive solution to a problem.

By allowing an experienced family law attorney to act one one’s behalf, the chances of achieving a swift and fair resolution increase. This is also a means by which a parent can protect a child’s best interests and make certain that the court understands his or her position before it renders a decision. In situations where there has been a breakdown in communication, former spouses may disagree about what is best for their children; having a skilled and experienced negotiator on one’s side can be quite helpful.

Stange Law Firm, PC is prepared to assist any Missouri resident facing problems concerning a parenting plan after divorce. Whether one’s particular issues concern child custody, visitation or child support, or whether a modification of an existing court order is needed, you can take the first steps toward a positive outcome by contacting our office. Your child’s immediate and long-term needs are important to us, and we are committed to helping you resolve any problem impeding your ability to move forward toward a successful future.

Related Posts